New! We now offer a kit to make your own Binaural head! Buy this kit and add your own fake head and you are ready to go.
Now, for the first time, you can get a Binaural effect similar to what you get when you put mics in your ears - without using your own ears! Our Binaural microphone is powered by normal 'plug in power', supplied by most digital recorders/cameras and interfaces (call us at 800-213-3021 if you are not sure if your device has 'plug in power'). The microphone can be pluged into a recorder directly with it's 3.5mm (1/8") miniplug, or plug the mic into the included base.
The microphone depth is adjustable (in the ears) by sliding the ears in or out as desired. This allows you to tune the sound of the mics to your taste. The ears can be removed from the microphone if you would prefer to make a stereo recording instead of a Binaural recording.
Why put microphones in an ear, you ask?
Pretty simple, really. These mics put the mic element right in the ear canal so that the microphones "hear" sound waves the same way our own ears hear sound. This results in a very realistic recording.
- Flat frequency response - 20-20khz +/-dB
- Low noise for the quietest recordings (standard, high and ultra high sensitivities=62dB;Ultra low noise=75dB)
- Select sensitivity in option box (standard -42dB;high -30dB;Ultra-high -23dB;Ultra low noise -32dB
- High maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 120dB when powered by one of our microphone power supplies
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Produces extremely realistic recordings