tfb2, binaural, inear, stereo, true fidelity, in ear, in-ear, blind, sight impaired
The MS-EHB-2 Sound Professionals Ear-Hook Ultra Low Noise Binaural microphones are mounted in extremely comfortable, super-soft Ear Hook holders that slip right onto the outside of the ear structure (see photo).
These mics put the mic element right next to the ear canal. This results in extremely realistic recordings, from the perspective of the person wearing them. While recording, your hearing is not impaired, so you can enjoy the sound of the performance while making a very realistic recording. The cables terminate in a stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) right angle gold-plated miniplug.
General information about all of our Binaural microphones is available here.
Recommended accessories and descriptions (all items are show at right):
- Windscreens: For windy situations, soft foam windscreens are available. These windscreens are acoustically transparent, and allow sound to pass through to your ears and the microphones completely unchanged. They are available in natural off-white (beige) color and in standard black. These are also handy for those recordists who need the microphones to be very unobtrusive as they completely cover the mic element.
- Microphone power supply (Battery Modules): For loud recording situations, the mics need more power than typical recorder can provide. You can also use battery module to adjust bass response and adjust levels. See the details on each module for features and specifications. General information on all battery modules can be found here.
- Flat frequency response
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Can be used directly with any recorder that has "plug-in-power" or with battery module
- Produces extremely realistic recordings
- Increase intelligibility and performance of microphone input and stereo speaker output with patented noise reduction technology enhancing your digital audio applications.
Your microphone will perform only as good as the sound card or integrated audio system that it is attached to. Most laptops and PCs today have audio systems built in and it is often placed close to noisy components like the power supply or high frequency processors. In addition, PC's may be used in high noise level environments which can affect the performance of applications, such as those that use speech input.
Our USB soundcard with patented noise reduction technology eliminates noise problems as it utilizes high quality digital circuitry and has state of the art noise reduction algorithm software. This format bypasses your desktop or laptop computer's sound system, providing increased intelligibility and performance of stereo microphone input and stereo speaker output for all of your digital audio applications including VoIP and speech recognition programs.
Pure Audio Voice Solutions Software Suite:
- Pure Audio Patented and award winning noise reduction speech enhancement algorithm. Significantly improves intelligibility of voice audio and accuracy in speech driven applications, particularly in high noise environments.
- AudioCommander PC Audio Control Panel including speaker volume adjustment with received PureAudio noise reduction and 10-band graphic equalizer with 18 built-in presets to customize sound for your listening preference. Also includes microphone volume adjustment with noise reduction. Whether youre recording courtroom proceedings, depositions, VoIP, Game Chat, playing music, watching movies or using speech recognition applications, youll always have the audio parameters set appropriately for optimal performance.
- VoiceCenter full function digital audio recording application with unlimited recording time and the ability to compress audio/voice files in WMA format and send them via e-mail and drag & drop audio/voice files into Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or other multi-media applications.
Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8x, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me (Millennium), Windows 98 SE (Second Edition)
Apple: Mac OS 10.5 and up
Connections: Speaker Jack 3.5mm (for headphones or speakers)
Operation: Powers from USB port NO BATTERIES!
Audio Output: 2 Channel Stereo
Compatible Sampling Rates: 48KHz, 44.1KHz, 16KHz, 8KHz
Power Supply: Supply Voltage 4.5 - 5.5 VDC
Total Power Consumption: 120 mA
A/D Conversion Resolution: 16 bit
THD+N: -84 dB
Supply Bias Resistor: 2.2K Ohm @3.3VDC
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Input Range: -1.25 Vrms
Dynamic Range: 95 dB
Record Gain Range: -6 to 33 dB
D/A Conversion Resolution: 16 bit
THD+N: -91 dB
Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz
Output Load: 32 Ohm
Output Voltage: 1.27 Vrms