Is it a preamp? Is it a microphone? Actually, it's both!
The SP-PASM-2 is the first small, "preamplified mic" for use with recorders that have no mic input! It's a portable, self-contained Omnidirectional stereo microphone with a built-in preamplifier! This microphone can be plugged directly into the line input jack of your recorder (take note Sony MZ-R500, Archos MP3 recorders, Ripflash and Nomad owners!) and has only one stereo cable connecting the mic to your recorder with a high quality right angle 1/8" miniplug. The output cable is available in two versions: A permanently installed "hardwired" cable or one of several removable cable options (see option box above). On the hardwired versions, there is a power switch to turn the unit on and off. On the removable cable version, the power is turned off by unplugging the output cable.
The microphone is small - measuring approximately 1" X 2.4" X 3" - The perfect microphone when you want an amplified stereo microphone in a simple to use, small package! Included is an output level control which you can use to control the recording level going into your recorder.
In addition, built into this microphone is our microphone power module circuit which will give this microphone increased dynamic range and the ability to record loud sounds without distortion. Also included is a 1/8" powered microphone jack which can be used for an external stereo microphone (the internal mics are disabled when an external mic is plugged in).
The SP-PASM-2 microphone has an extended frequency response and a very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. It has a very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping.
There are two available microphone sensitivities. The standard sensitivity option is for use in situations that will range from fairly quiet to extremely loud sounds. The high sensitivity option if for use in situations that will range from extremely quiet to moderately loud sounds.
- Signal To Noise Ratio: >58 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa - Dynamic Range: 91dB - Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz +/- 1dB - Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa - Maximum Input Sound Level: 120dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Signal To Noise Ratio: >62 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa - Dynamic Range: 95dB - Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz +/- 1dB - Open Circuit Sensitivity: -35 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa - Maximum Input Sound Level: 113 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Runs 75+ hours on a single 9 volt battery - 3 Gain ranges for maximum flexibility:
- 0dB gain for recording loud sounds (loud rock concerts, etc) - 22dB gain for recording moderately loud sounds (acoustic music, lectures, meetings, rehearsals, etc) - 42dB gain for recording extremely quiet sounds (nature sounds, distant talking, soft spoken people, etc) - Noise level: -115 dBu EIN unweighted (quieter than most built-in Walkman preamps) - Harmonic distortion: 0.06% - 106dB dynamic range - Frequency response 20 to 20khz +/- 1dB - EMI input protection - High output drive-capable of providing 1.5V RMS into a 10K load - Built-in external mic jack with 9 volt "plug-in-power"-no additional battery module needed to power your external mini microphones! - Compatible with all MiniDisc, DAT, MP3, VHS, Camcorder and Cassette recorders with line inputs - Battery reverse-polarity protection - Includes output level control - Output cable: choice of 24" shielded cable terminated with right angle 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini plug or several removable cable options - Input connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack with 9vdc plug-in-power - Dimensions: 1" X 2.4" X 3" not including controls - Belt clip and battery included
- Flat frequency response - Self powered! Nothing else needed for full performance! - Connects quickly and easily to recorder-no wires to worry about - Provides excellent performance Vs cost