The SP-TFB-2 Sound Professionals In-Ear Binaural microphones are mounted in extremely comfortable super-soft, In-Ear holders that slip right into the ear structure. Why put microphone here you ask?
Pretty simple, really. There have been many 'binaural' microphone designs over the years.......mics built into fake heads, built into Croakies, made with clips for attaching to glasses, built into headphones and earbuds.
All of these have one flaw......none actually put the mic element in the best possible place for the most realistic recording within the Pinna (the part of the human ear that is visible the folds on the outside). Even earbud Binaurals have the mic element outside the Pinna. Because everyone's Pinna is unique, recording made in your own ears will sound the most realistic.
These mics put the mic element right next to the ear canal, well within the Pinna. This results in the most realistic recording possible, from the perspective of the person wearing them.
While recording, your hearing is not impaired, so you can enjoy the sound of the performance while making very realistic recording. The cables terminate in a stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) right angle gold-plated miniplug. There are two available microphone sensitivities. The standard sensitivity option is for use in situations that will range from fairly quiet to very loud sounds. The high sensitivity option is for use in situations that will range from very quiet to moderately loud sounds.
General information about all of our Binaural microphones is available here.
Recommended accessories and descriptions (all items are show at right):
- Windscreens: Since there are some variances in the shape of the human ear, and especially for customers with larger than average ears, and/or for windy situations, soft foam windscreens are available. These windscreens are acoustically transparent, and allow sound to pass through to your ears and the microphones completely unchanged. These are also handy for those recordists who need the microphones to be very unobtrusive as they completely cover the mic element. Windscreens are not returnable.
- Microphone power supply (Battery Modules): For loud recording situations, the mics need more power than typical recorder can provide. You can also use battery module to adjust bass response and adjust levels. See the details on each module for features and specifications. General information on all battery modules can be found here.
- Flat frequency response
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Small size Can be used directly with any recorder that has "plug-in-power" or with battery module
- Produces extremely realistic recordings