tfb2, binaural, inear, stereo, true fidelity, in ear, in-ear, blind, sight impaired
The MS-EHB-2 Sound Professionals Ear-Hook Ultra Low Noise Binaural microphones are mounted in extremely comfortable super-soft, "Ear Hook" holders that slip right onto the outside of the ear structure (see photo).
These mics put the mic element right next to the ear canal. This results in extremely realistic recordings, from the perspective of the person wearing them.
While recording, your hearing is not impaired, so you can enjoy the sound of the performance while making a very realistic recording. The cables terminate in a stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) right angle gold-plated miniplug.
General information about all of our Binaural microphones is available here.
Recommended accessories and descriptions (all items are show at right):
- Windscreens: For windy situations, soft foam windscreens are available. These windscreens are acoustically transparent, and allow sound to pass through to your ears and the microphones completely unchanged. They are available in natural off-white (beige) color and in standard black. These are also handy for those recordists who need the microphones to be very unobtrusive as they completely cover the mic element.
- Microphone power supply (Battery Modules): For loud recording situations, the mics need more power than typical recorder can provide. You can also use battery module to adjust bass response and adjust levels. See the details on each module for features and specifications. General information on all battery modules can be found here.
- Flat frequency response
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Can be used directly with any recorder that has "plug-in-power" or with battery module
- Produces extremely realistic recordings