tfb2, binaural, inear, stereo, true fidelity, in ear, in-ear, blind, sight impaired
Click here to listen to sample audio recordings
New! The next generation in Binaural In-ear microphones have 17dB less noise (hiss), 10dB more sensitivity and 10dB higher max SPL than our standard model. They measure an amazing 19dB of equivalent self noise. This means that your recording will have noticeably less background hiss and greater dynamic range than previously possible with in-ear binaural microphones! Compare these to the best omnidirectional microphones anywhere and you will see why these offer the highest level of performance at fraction of the cost of other similiar mics.
The MS-TFB-2 Sound Professionals In-Ear Binaural microphones are mounted in extremely comfortable super-soft, In-Ear holders that slip right into the ear structure. Why put microphone here you ask?
Pretty simple, really. There have been many 'binaural' microphone designs over the years.......mics built into fake heads, built into Croakies, made with clips for attaching to glasses, built into headphones and earbuds.
All of these have one flaw......none actually put the mic element in the best possible place for the most realistic recording within the Pinna (the part of the human ear that is visible the folds on the outside). Even earbud Binaurals have the mic element outside the Pinna. Because everyone's Pinna is unique, recording made in your own ears will sound the most realistic.
These mics put the mic element right next to the ear canal, well within the Pinna. This results in the most realistic recording possible, from the perspective of the person wearing them.
While recording, your hearing is not impaired, so you can enjoy the sound of the performance while making very realistic recording. The cables terminate in a stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) gold-plated miniplug. Black cable models have straight plugs, Beige cables use right-angle plugs.
- Windscreens: Since there are some variances in the shape of the human ear, and especially for customers with larger than average ears, and/or for windy situations, soft foam windscreens are available. These windscreens are acoustically transparent, and allow sound to pass through to your ears and the microphones completely unchanged. They are available in natural off-white (beige) color and in standard black. These are also handy for those recordists who need the microphones to be very unobtrusive as they completely cover the mic element.
- Microphone power supply (Battery Modules): For loud recording situations, the mics need more power than typical recorder can provide. You can also use battery module to adjust bass response and adjust levels. See the details on each module for features and specifications.
- Flat frequency response
- Extremely low noise for the quietest recordings (75dB signal to noise ratio)
- Very high sensitivity -32dB
- High maximum sound pressure level (SPL): 115dB with normal "plug-in-power" and 130dB with one of our power modules
- Omni-directional pickup pattern
- Small size
- Right angle miniplug
- Can be used directly with any recorder that has "plug-in-power" or with battery module
- Produces extremely realistic recording
- Increase intelligibility and performance of microphone input and stereo speaker output with patented noise reduction technology enhancing your digital audio applications.
Your microphone will perform only as good as the sound card or integrated audio system that it is attached to. Most laptops and PCs today have audio systems built in and it is often placed close to noisy components like the power supply or high frequency processors. In addition, PC's may be used in high noise level environments which can affect the performance of applications, such as those that use speech input.
Our USB soundcard with patented noise reduction technology eliminates noise problems as it utilizes high quality digital circuitry and has state of the art noise reduction algorithm software. This format bypasses your desktop or laptop computer's sound system, providing increased intelligibility and performance of stereo microphone input and stereo speaker output for all of your digital audio applications including VoIP and speech recognition programs.
Pure Audio Voice Solutions Software Suite:
-Pure Audio Patented and award winning noise reduction speech enhancement algorithm. Significantly improves intelligibility of voice audio and accuracy in speech driven applications, particularly in high noise environments.
-AudioCommander PC Audio Control Panel including speaker volume adjustment with received PureAudio noise reduction and 10-band graphic equalizer with 18 built-in presets to customize sound for your listening preference. Also includes microphone volume adjustment with noise reduction. Whether youre recording courtroom proceedings, depositions, VoIP, Game Chat, playing music, watching movies or using speech recognition applications, youll always have the audio parameters set appropriately for optimal performance.
-VoiceCenter full function digital audio recording application with unlimited recording time and the ability to compress audio/voice files in WMA format and send them via e-mail and drag & drop audio/voice files into Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or other multi-media applications.
Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8x, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me (Millennium), Windows 98 SE (Second Edition)
Apple: Mac OS 10.5 and up
Connections: Speaker Jack 3.5mm (for headphones or speakers)
Operation: Powers from USB port NO BATTERIES!
Audio Output: 2 Channel Stereo
Compatible Sampling Rates: 48KHz, 44.1KHz, 16KHz, 8KHz
Power Supply: Supply Voltage 4.5 - 5.5 VDC
Total Power Consumption: 120 mA
A/D Conversion Resolution: 16 bit
THD+N: -84 dB
Supply Bias Resistor: 2.2K Ohm @3.3VDC
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Input Range: -1.25 Vrms
Dynamic Range: 95 dB
Record Gain Range: -6 to 33 dB
D/A Conversion Resolution: 16 bit
THD+N: -91 dB
Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz
Output Load: 32 Ohm
Output Voltage: 1.27 Vrms