The 312 overture
The StudioLive 312AI is PreSonus smallest full-range PA speaker. Its great choice for venue owners and bands who need compact PA with the full range sound and power of large system and the ability to tighten the range for better sonic performance at louder volumes.
A compact, powered, full-range, 3-way loudspeaker, StudioLive 312AI relies on 12-inch ferrite woofer for low frequencies and custom-designed, 8-inch coaxial speaker with 1.75-inch titanium compression driver to reproduce the mid and high frequencies. These transducers are driven by hefty 2,000W RMS of triamplified, Class power.
The rear of the 312AI reveals combo XLR/TRS line input and an XLR microphone input with an XMAX Class mic preamplifier and 12V phantom power, as well as an XLR mix output. In addition to the input mixer, you get speaker level-attenuation control and USB and Ethercon connections.
The lightweight plywood enclosure is pole-mountable and has two ergonomic side handles, interlocking stacking, and M10 fly points. Four operation modes allow the user to choose DSP presets for their application, such as MP3 playback, live performance, or stage monitoring?or create custom preset using SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad.
Coaxial done right with TQ
The StudioLive AI series is based on an all-new coaxial speaker design that combines an 8-inch midrange transducer and 1.5-inch titanium dome compression driver/wide-dispersion horn. The transducers are custom-designed, and each speaker has more onboard processing power than three rack-mount speaker processors!
This powerful DSP enables the use of Fulcrum Acoustics high-end TQ Temporal Equalization algorithms, resulting in coaxial speaker system with exceptional clarity and coherence. The processor is used to manage horn reflection, linear time and amplitude anomalies correction, performance contouring, and dynamic and excursion limiting.
The result is studio-monitor sound on huge scale: Studio Live!
The onboard DSP also makes possible an extensive set of control features for customizing and optimizing the system and for monitoring and fine-tuning performance in real time. Every StudioLive AI loudspeaker incorporates 31-band graphic EQ, 8-band fully parametric EQ, limiter, variable high-pass filter, and output delay, as well as complete remote control over output level and performance monitoring. To get anything approaching the control features using outboard speaker processors would cost at least $2,500.
Youre in control here, there, and everywhere
Every Active Integration product?including StudioLive AI-series speakers?includes both wired and wireless communications. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network.
The master control center resides in SL Room Control, rich, easy-to-use, system-configuration software application for Mac, Windows, and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
With SL Room Control, you can full configure, tune, and monitor networked StudioLive AI PA speakers from anywhere in the venue on laptop or iPad!
The divine interface
Active Integration doesnt stop at remote control. Swap out your StudioLive loudspeakers Ethercon control card for the StudioLive Dante upgrade, and you can ditch those analog cables.
- Unique coaxial design integrates custom-designed, 8-inch, ferrite midrange driver and 1.75-inch titanium compression driver with Temporal Equalization and Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- 12-inch, custom-designed, ferrite, low-frequency transducer
- 2,000 watt, triamped, Class amplification
- LF 2x500 watts 1x1,000 watts
- MF 1x500 watts
- HF 1x500 watts
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than three rack speaker processors
- 32-bit floating-point DSP with asymmetric three-way crossover, Temporal Equalization for horn reflection, linear time- and amplitude-anomalies correction, performance contouring, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Wireless or wired networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, and speaker delay
- 31-band graphic EQ and 8-band parametric EQ (total of 10, including feedback notch filter)
- Visually display room layout on laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- XMAX Class mic preamp with 12V phantom power
- 4 operation modes optimized for:
- Normal live front-of-house
- MP3 music playback
- Floor Monitor stage wedge
- User customizable preset
- Line-level input with attenuation
- Speaker-attenuation control
- Balanced XLR Mix output
- External Subwoofer mode activates low-cut filter and alignment delay for combining StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer with 312AI in true 4-way system
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Integrated M10 fly points and pole mounts
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante card