The SP-SPSM-5 is an Omni-directional single point stereo microphone. Each side of the "T" consists of high quality High Sensitivity Omnidirectional microphone, mounted on flexible boom arm. This flexibility allows the arms to be aimed very accurately at the sound source. The arms are approximately 4" or 8" in length (your choice - 8" shown). An optional removable microphone stand mount is available below that can be used to mount this microphone on mic stand when desired. An optional removable microphone stand mount is available here that can be used to mount this microphone on mic stand when desired.
This microphone differs from other single point stereo microphones as it offers significant improvement in stereo separation over smaller single point mics. The microphone cartridges are very rugged and are hand crafted to insure lifetime of accurate recordings. The two microphone elements are each mounted in their own high quality brass shell. The microphone housings and flexible arms are covered in tough black rubber.
In addition, there are several battery modules designed for this microphone that will give this microphone increased dynamic range and the ability to record loud sounds. More information on battery modules is located here.
The Sound Professionals single point stereo microphones are small, stereo microphones that can be plugged into any recorder (DAT, MiniDisc or analog) that supplies bias voltage of between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack, commonly known as "plug in power". Many of the recorders on the market today include this feature.
The Sound Professionals microphone systems have an extended frequency response and very natural and accurate sound, providing deep, solid bass, smooth midrange and clean highs. They have very wide dynamic range, and will handle very high sound pressure levels without distortion or clipping. (See details above for more info). When combined with one of the battery modules, they are designed to operate into nominal impedance of 10K Ohms.
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 58 dB, kHz at Pa - Dynamic Range: 76dB without battery module, 91dB with battery module Frequency Response: 20 20,000 Hz - Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42 dB 1V at Pa - Maximum Input Sound Level: 105 dB SPL, kHz at 1% T.H.D. (120dB when powered by our battery module)
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 62 dB, kHz at Pa
- Dynamic Range: 81dB without battery module, 96dB with battery module
- Frequency Response: 20 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -35 dB 1V at Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 105 dB SPL, kHz at 1% T.H.D. (120dB when powered by our battery module)
- Can be powered by recorder that has "plug-in-power" or battery module Mounts quickly and easily to microphone stand with optional stand mount available below Provides excellent performance Vs cost Excellent stereo separation Flat frequency response Omni-directional pickup pattern - Premium windscreens are included